Chinese tam-tam, flat / Wind Gong (CHTF)
- Item no.: CHTF90_HA
- Open text field 1: China Tam Tam, flach / Wind Gong (CHTF)
Original flat Chinese tam-tams from Wuhan (Wind Gong). The hand-forged instruments with polished surface are tested and selected directly in their country of origin by Kolberg staff according to the highest quality standards.
In our exhibition rooms we provide a unique stock of tam-tams and are glad to invite you to test them here on our premises and to select your instrument. They come in 12 sizes Ø 40 - 130 cm. We will assort harmonised tam-tam sets on request.
- typically Asian, exploding
- free, crash-like frequency spectrum with deep, sonorous final
- very light and quick attack in all sizes
- optimum control of play with piano strikes (e.g. Tschaikowsky 2nd Symphony) or quickly developing crescendo rolls
- also small diameter models develop much depth (at the same size they sound deeper than tam-tams with rim (CHTT)
Sharp-edged drill holes on all tam-tams are re-finished. Heavy-duty and durable special strings are used for the two-point suspension. These high-quality specially braided nylon cords, exclusively produced for Kolberg Percussion in different cross-sections, are used for all our products, as they do not cause any vibration noises and are extremely durable.
Accessories (additional price)
In order to cover the extended range of sizes of the tam-tams optimally with regard to sound, we provide a unique variety of mallets. Our range comprises 7 round mallets for tam-tams/gongs, delicately differentiated in weight with durable felt cover, as well as 6 types of mallets with hard felt (disc-shaped). We would be glad to give advice for your individual choice.
- mallets for gongs/tam-tams 862 - 868
cylindrical aluminium core with 3 layers of hard wearing felt
- mallets for tam-tam/gong 851AL - 855AL, 851FE - 855FE
disc-shaped with aluminium or iron core and hard felt ring
|Ø tam-tam||individual strikes||roll mallets|
|40 - 45 cm||862||862|
|50 cm||863, 851AL||863|
|60 cm||864, 851AL||863|
|70 cm||864, 851AL, 851FE||863|
|80 cm||865, 853AL, 851FE||864|
|90 cm||866, 855AL, 853FE||864|
|100 - 110 cm||867, 853FE||864, 865|
|120 - 130 cm||868, 855FE||865|
- Stand for gongs/tuned gongs up to Ø 100 cm, mobile 107 for gongs Ø 70 - 100 cm, height adjustable
- Stand for tam-tams/gongs up to Ø 100 cm, mobile, dismountable 107Z
like stand 107, but dismountable to compact dimensions (2 parts)
- Stand for tam-tams/gongs Ø 100 cm and more, mobile 107D height adjustable
- Stand for tam-tams/gongs Ø 100 cm and more, mobile, dismountable 107DZ
like stand 107D, but dismountable to compact dimensions (2 parts)
The unique Kolberg combination stand system offers diverse and multifunctional possibilities to mount instruments safely and play them for perfect sound results. We would be glad to give qualified advice and assemble combination stands according to your wishes and indications.
Our recommended stands:
- Combination stand/gibbet stand, 1 level X
for 1 tam-tam up to Ø 85 cm, dismountable, mobile, height adjustable
- Combination stand/gibbet stand, 2 levels XI
for 2 tam-tams up to Ø 85 cm, dismountable, mobile, height adjustable
- Combination stand for tam-tams/gongs, 300 series BGTT1
for 1 tam-tam Ø 100 cm and more, extra sturdy, dismountable, mobile, height adjustable