Tubular Bell Set "Concert" 1.5 octaves c2 - f3
The Kolberg "Concert" tubular bell set, made of bell brass produced exclusively for Kolberg Percussion. A worldwide unique design with exceptional tonal qualities and a very practically orientated tubular bell stand.
|Tonal range||c2 - f3 (1.5 Oktaven, international C5 - F6)|
|Pitch||443 Hz (other pitches available on request)|
|Tube diameter||42 mm/1.65"|
|Material||exclusive bell brass|
|- Additional charge||high-gloss chrome-plated|
|Stand dimensions (WxDxH)||100 x 60 x 180 cm|
The particularly large tube diameter, extra thick walls and tubes closed at both ends produce the exceptionally pure tonal quality, unique volume of sound and the very long reverberation of the "Concert" series. The very strongly rounded contact head provides the bell hammer with an enlarged contact surface, creating a warm tonal character and hugely increasing the bell's volume. This volume rich tone with clear, bell like attack and rich resonance perfectly imitates the tonal characteristics of a cast church bell, making it both tonally and in terms of transport a very good alternative. All "Concert" tubular bells in the f1 - f3 (F4-F6, 2 octaves) range are also available individually. Upon request bells can be custom made in the range from c1 - e1/C4-E4 and f#3 - c4/F#6-C7.
Note on pitch/notation
Notation: f - f2/F3-F5
Pitch: one octave higher (f1 - f3/F4-F6)
From Karl Peinkofer in the "Handbuch des Schlagzeugs" (2nd edition 1981, pg. 75): "The definition "pitch as written" refers to the reverberation sound, as in the tonal blend of the attack the upper octave dominates."
The contact head of the bell is connected to the tube by a special process meaning that it cannot become loose through vibrations occurring during playing, causing disturbing noises or becoming detached. The particularly strongly rounded, therefore increased contact surface of the bells, the unusually thick walls (3.5 mm), the especially large tube diameter and the tubes being closed at both ends produce the exceptionally rich tonal quality, the volume of sound and the bell like character of the Kolberg "Concert" tubular bells, which in design are unique on the world market.
Tubular bell suspension
We use specially woven, heavy duty nylon cords on all of our products, which are produced exclusively for Kolberg Percussion. These special, high quality cords do not cause any vibrational noise, are extremely durable and convenient to use.
Tubular bell stand
- Extremely stable four column tubular steel construction, scratch and impact resistant black-silver powder-coated. Upon request also available as height adjustable.
- All structural components are welded and therefore completely connected, ensuring they do not warp or vibrate. The sound of the bells can develop freely and is not affected by unwanted noises caused by the stand.
- Stable fully locking swivel casters with a solid rubber surface, height adjustable to compensate for uneven floors
- The four main pillars of the Kolberg tubular bell stands can be fitted with height adjustable, pivoting extension arms. These extension arms accord to the standard dimensions of the combination stand system and allow various mounting options for additional bells, instruments, music stands, trap trays etc.
- On the outer bar of the chromatic bell row there is a carriage with two receiving holes, fitted as standard on the combination stand system. The carriage allows music stands and mirrors to be adjustably mounted to it, either vertically or horizontally.
A speciality of the Kolberg tubular bell sets is the very effective and reliable damping system. Large damping surfaces made from thick, very sound absorbing wool felt plates in front of and behind the bells allow a fast and instant damping of the huge bell sound after pedal use. The damping surfaces of the "Concert" tubular bell set are matched precisely to the length of the bells meaning damping works flawlessly even on deep tones, with great volume or polyphonic chords. The Kolberg damping system operates completely silently through belts and leaf springs and remains maintenance free over a long period of time.
Removable damping bars and individual suspension of the tubular bells
A very practically orientated feature is the possibility to remove the front, diatonic, and the back, chromatic damping bars. All tubular bells can be removed horizontally from the set with ease. This offers an enormous advantage in cramped and height limited situations such as in an orchestra pit. The bells' individual suspension leads to the comfort and speed with which they can be detached. There is no need to raise two adjacent tubes in order to remove an individual tubular bell!
The chromed damping pedal extends over the whole width of the instrument and can be individually height adjusted. Stable, soft rubber buffers on the damping bar eliminate noise transmission to the ground.
- 2 pairs tubular bell hammers (ES844H, 844M)
- 2 pivoting extension arms
- 1 combination stand standard carriage with music stand
- 1 tray
Accessories (extra charge)
The perfectly matched range of accessories make Kolberg's products worldwide unique in the day-to-day work on stage. This maximizes the tonal development of the instruments, enables convenient handling for the musician and facilitates transport.
In order to cover a wide sound spectrum and to form the characteristic bell sound, we provide a unique variety of mallets. Our range includes 15 different tubular bell hammers - finely differentiated in size and hardness and with special attention paid to the weight. Additionally, other special and cluster mallets are available. We can advise you on your individual choice.
- Tubular bell stand for 7 "Concert" tubular bells 2458
Extremely stable, mobile and compact tubular bell stand. Height adjustable and with pedal damping. Suitable for rehearsals or performance with few or single bells.
The Kolberg Combination Stand System offers diverse and multifunctional possibilities to hang single or a set of tubular bells, with or without damping.
Our recommended stands:
- Combination stand for 8 tubular bells with manual damping, mobile and demountable 110H_RGD
- Combination stand/gibbet stand for 6 tubular bells, mobile and demountable XII
- Transportation cover for 1.5 octaves tubular bell set 2455H-2455
- Flight case for 1.5 octaves tubular bell set
- Transportation cover for 6 tubular bells 2598
- Flight case for 25 tubular bells 2458R