Tubular Bell Set "International" f1 - h1
Pictures and technical details without guarantee
The "International" tubular bells are a second, lighter series of bells we offer. They have a smaller international standard diameter of 38 mm (1.5"). They are as convincing as the Kolberg "Concert" tubular bells, with their excellent, pure tone quality and their carefully selected and processed material, but produce a slimmer sound. Therefore we recommend these tubular bells for soloists, percussion ensembles and symphony orchestras preferring a clear and transparent tone for contemporary music. Furthermore they are an economical and transport friendlier alternative to the heavy and voluminous sounding "Concert" tubular bells.
|Tonal range||f1 - h1 (½ octave), international F4-B4|
|Pitch||443 Hz (other pitches available on request)|
|Tube diameter||38 mm/1.5"|
|Material||exclusive bell brass|
|- Additional charge||high-gloss chrome-plated|
|Stand dimensions (WxDxH)||45 x 51 x 211 cm|
The very strongly rounded contact head provides the bell hammer with an enlarged contact surface, creating a warm and clear tonal character, increasing the bell's volume and ensuring excellent tonal quality. The bell's sound is further enhanced by the especially thick tube walls. All "International" tubular bells in the f1 - f3/F4-F6 (2 octaves) range are also individually available. Upon request bells can be custom made in the range from c1 - e1/C4-E4 and f#3 - c4/F#6-C7.
Note on pitch/notation
Notation: f - f2/F3-F5
Pitch: one octave higher (f1 - f3/F4-F6)
From Karl Peinkofer in the "Handbuch des Schlagzeugs" (2nd edition 1981, pg. 75): "The definition "pitch as written" refers to the reverberation sound, as in the tonal blend of the attack the upper octave dominates."
The contact head of the bell is connected to the tube by a special process meaning that it cannot become loose through vibrations occurring during playing, causing disturbing noises or becoming detached. The particularly strongly rounded, therefore increased contact surface of the bells and the unusually large wall thickness (2.5 mm) allow the excellent tonal quality and volume of the Kolberg "International" tubular bells.
Tubular bell suspension
We use specially woven, heavy duty nylon cords on all of our products, which are produced exclusively for Kolberg Percussion. These special, high quality cords do not cause any vibrational noise, are extremely durable and convenient to use.
Tubular bell stand (2458S)
The side stand is height adjustable and a transport friendly solution for rehearsals, concert trips, narrow orchestra pits and opera performances with few or single tubular bells!
- Two column, stable construction from square tubular steel, scratch and impact resistant black-silver powder-coated
- All structural components are welded and therefore completely connected, ensuring they do not warp or vibrate. The sound of the bells can develop freely and is not affected by unwanted noises caused by the stand.
- Stable, fully locking swivel casters with a solid rubber surface
- Large damping surfaces made from thick, very sound absorbing wool felt plates in front of and behind the bells allow a fast and instant damping of the bell sound after pedal use. The damping system is completely silent and remains maintenance free over a long period of time.
1 pair tubular bell hammers ES844H
Accessories (additional charge)
The perfectly matched range of accessories make Kolberg's products worldwide unique in the day-to-day work on stage. This maximizes the tonal development of the instruments, enables convenient handling for the musician and facilitates transport.
In order to cover a wide sound spectrum and to form the characteristic bell sound, we provide a unique variety of mallets. Our range includes 15 different tubular bell hammers - finely differentiated in size and hardness, and with special attention paid to the weight. Additionally, other special and cluster mallets are available. We can advise you on your individual choice.
- Transportation cover for 1/2 octave tubular bell set 2458H
- Flight case for 1/2 octave tubular bell set RG7
- Variante: tubular bell stand 2458S and 14 tubular bells
- Variante: without protecting strips (BASIC)
- Art.-Nr.: RG7-SL